Easter Fun!

Good Friday was spent making a garden, it was good to put our work clothes on and get dirty! Lunch was naughty fish, chips, caramel tarts and Easter eggs.....YUM!


On Easter Sunday we visited The Hunter Valley Gardens for the big Easter egg hunt. They run them every 45 minutes, it is great to watch all the kids run around the beautiful gardens having a lovely time, meeting the easter bunny and collecting eggs.

Scarlett was the star of the day, she was SO excited with the Easter egg hunt she filled a bag. We thought that it would be more for Fletcher, and yes, he did have fun but Scarlett was in her glory with chocolate, food, grass to roam on and, um....more chocolate!



Best Easter Present...My grandmothers overlocker. I have made a few things for Scarlett lately and she thought that I would use it more than her. I have sewn on and off Check Spellingall my life but feel the need to learn properly so I can pass on the skill to Scarlett. I made the pinafore above on Easter Saturday out of scraps that where laying around, not perfect by any means but I am still proud that I made it myself, read the pattern and had a special gift from my grandmother to make it more special.
This must have been all too much as I felt unwell for the next few days...too much chocolate I think and still a shelf full....

No comments: